3 Ways To Enhance The Entourage Effect
We recently added full spectrum THC gummies to our CBD and cannabinoid line up. We are very excited about this addition as we now have three ways to enhance the entourage effect. Here, we will explain how to use broad spectrum CBD, full spectrum CBD, or full spectrum THC as a base oil. These rich oils will help bring out the effects and benefits of any pure rare cannabinoids you take.
The entourage effect
Have you heard of the entourage effect? This is the premise that cannabinoids are more effective when combined with each other. When taken together, each one has a greater effect than if it were taken alone. In short, the total effect is greater than the sum of its parts.
Whole hemp extracts
A full spectrum CBD or THC oil is a whole hemp extract. It contains not just CBD or THC, but also has terpenes, flavonoids, and traces of other cannabinoids. If you look at the lab reports for our full spectrum THC gummies and Rare Hawaiian CBD oil, you will see CBC, CBG, CBN etc. These additional compounds work together to produce a more potent effect. A broad spectrum oil, like our Hawaiian Choice CBD oil tinctures, is the same except that THC has been removed.
Like a Multi-Vitamin
The entourage effect is a foundational belief for Rare Cannabinoid Company. You may be wondering why we sell pure rare cannabinoid oils and gummies if we believe so strongly in whole hemp extracts. This is because each rare cannabinoid and terpene offers very unique effects and benefits. For example, THCV (tetrahydrocannabivarin) boosts energy and suppresses appetite. This is the opposite of THC’s effects. Meanwhile, CBN (cannabinol) and terpenes including linalool and myrcene offer relaxation and improve sleep. Others, like CBDV (cannabidivarin), are being studied for potential medical benefits. (Scroll down for a list of each cannabinoid’s primary benefits).
We believe that it’s important for people to be able to take the specific cannabinoids they feel will help them most. However, it is best to use these cannabinoids alongside a full or broad spectrum CBD or THC oil.
The full / broad spectrum oil acts like a multi-vitamin or a well balanced diet. The rare cannabinoid isolate is akin to eating extra oranges or taking additional Vitamin C supplements. The multi-vitamin / well-balanced diet (full/broad spectrum oil) ensures that you are keeping your mind and body in balance with some of each nutrient. Meanwhile, the additional Vitamin C (pure rare cannabinoid oil) can target specific needs.
Related Article: Leafly: The Rise of Rare Cannabinoids: An Inside Look With Rare Cannabinoid Company
3 Base Oils for the entourage effect
We recommend using one of the following three products as a base oil and building upon it with rare cannabinoids and terpenes according to your specific needs or the time of day.
1) Full Spectrum CBD Oil: This rich oil is extracted from premium hemp grown on the Hawaiian island of Maui. It contains 1000mg CBD, less than 0.3% THC, and has traces of other cannabinoids and terpenes. It is an ideal multi-vitamin-style whole hemp oil to take and promote the entourage effect any time of day. It eases stress and discomfort while promoting calm and balance. It is not psychoactive so you can consume it before work, working out, driving, or before any activity. It can be combined with any other cannabinoid and will heighten its effects. For example, THCV is a cannabinoid that is usually taken in the morning to increase energy levels and reduce hunger. Our full spectrum CBD oil will enhance its effects, not take away from them. Meanwhile, it can also be combined with CBN for sleep at night and work just as well.
2) Full Spectrum THC Gummies: Our new THC gummies contain 5mg Delta-9-THC each and high levels of CBC (cannabichromene) and CBD. They offer blissful relaxation and improved mood and promote the entourage effect. They will also heighten the effects of other cannabinoids and may work especially well with CBDA (cannabidiolic acid) to reduce occasional nausea, CBG (cannabigerol) for discomfort, or CBN for sleep. However, THC affects thinking and balance and you cannot drive or operate machinery while taking these gummies. This means that many people will prefer to take THC gummies in the evenings or at bedtime. Also, THC is an appetite stimulant. Combining THCV with THC will help to curb the increased hunger. But, if you want to take THCV for weight loss, it is not recommended to combine it with THC.
3) Broad Spectrum CBD Oil: Our Hawaiian Choice line of CBD oil tinctures contains broad spectrum Hawaiian CBD. It starts out as the same full spectrum CBD oil from Maui and then has all traces of THC removed to below lab detectable levels. Despite the lack of THC, this is not a CBD isolate. It still retains all of the other cannabinoids and terpenes for the entourage effect. This is ideal for people who want a rich CBD oil without any trace of THC. While most people do not feel the THC in our full spectrum CBD oil, some very sensitive people may prefer to not have any THC at all. This oil can also be taken to and sold in Japan and other countries with a zero THC policy. Our Hawaiian Choice CBD tinctures also contain unique blends of terpenes to heighten specific effects as well as delicious infusions of real Hawaiian fruits and honey. We have:
- Active CBD Oil which combines well with THCV for exercise and appetite control.
- Focus CBD Oil which works well with CBC for concentration and positive mood.
- Relax CBD Oil which can be heighted with CBN for sleep.
- Relief CBD Oil which can be enhanced with CBG for occasional pain and inflammation.
Rare cannabinoids’ effects
Below is a list of the primary effects and benefits of each rare cannabinoid. You can mix and match them with each other and your choice of base oil or oils as you please.
Click on the links to learn more, see scientific studies, or make a purchase:
CBDA (cannabidiolic acid): Relieves occasional nausea and inflammation after exercise. Has recently been in the news for this scientific study.
THCV (tetrahydrocannabidivarin): Increases energy, reduces appetite and may aid weight loss. Buy THCV edibles online.
CBN (cannabinol): Enhances relaxation, rest, and sleep.
CBC (cannabichromene): Raises levels of anandamide, a brain molecule responsible for feelings of contentment, happiness and bliss.
CBG (cannabigerol): Supports joint health and reduces soreness and discomfort.
CBDV (cannabidivarin): Supports healthy mood and sociability, brain health and memory, and this scientific study is being carried out on children with autism spectrum disorder.
Relax terpenes: This blend of pure terpenes – myrcene, pinene, linalool, carene, and limonene – is designed to promote rest and relaxation.
Relief terpenes: This blend of pure terpenes – pinene, limonene, linalool, and caryophyllene – is designed to reduce discomfort, soreness, and inflammation after exercise.
Extra strength CBD booster: This high potency tincture contains 3000mg CBD. It is intended to boost one’s CBD intake.
Please take a look at our other blogs and product pages for more information. If you have any questions on our CBD or THC oil products or the entourage effects, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.