CBD Hot Chocolate Bombs Recipe
Have you tried a hot chocolate bomb yet? Festive and delicious, they are balls of chocolate containing hot cocoa and marshmallows. Drop a bomb in a mug of warm milk, watch the chocolate melt, releasing an explosion of hot cocoa powder and marshmallows. Stir and enjoy! What could be better? How about an infused chocolate bomb?! Check out our easy cannabinoid and CBD hot chocolate bombs recipe here.
To give your hot chocolate bombs an extra feel, infuse them with stress-busting CBD or the rare cannabinoid of your choice. Think CBG for pain relief, CBN for sleepy relaxation, or energizing THCV to get the party started. Cannabinoid or CBD chocolate bombs make the perfect DIY edible gifts or exciting set up for a holiday hot chocolate bar. Read on to learn how to make this infused holiday treat with our recipe for CBD hot chocolate bombs.
How To Infuse Chocolate The Easy Way
First, you’ll want to decide which cannabinoid you’d like to use for your chocolate bombs and your desired potency. The cannabinoid or CBD oil will be combined with the chocolate for the outer shell of the CBD hot chocolate bomb. That’s the great thing about infusing chocolate with cannabinoids: You can choose whichever one you like best and tailor the effects to your needs.
You can use any of our Rare Cannabinoid Company full spectrum, broad spectrum, or isolate CBD, rare cannabinoid extract, or blended oils for this recipe. However, please note that all Hawaiian Choice CBD oil tinctures contains infusions of Hawaiian fruits, including pineapple and passion fruit, as well as terpenes, so their flavor may or may not be to your liking. All of our examples below are for flavorless oils.
Dosing Your Hot Chocolate Bombs
Our recipe makes 6 chocolate bomb spheres. You can see the strength of each oil below and adjust the potency as you wish.
For CBD chocolate bombs:
Extra strength CBD oil booster: This tincture contains a very large amount of CBD for stress relief: 3000mg CBD. Each drop contains 2.5mg CBD. A serving size is considered 0.25ml (25mg CBD).
For THCV hot chocolate bombs:
Pure THCV oil tincture: THCV (tetrahydrocannabivarin) is a stimulant that boosts energy and suppresses appetite. This tincture contains 500mg THCV. Each spray contains 6.7mg THCV. We recommend taking one to three sprays at a time.
- How Do Cannabinoids Affect Appetite Suppression?
- THCV Weight Loss: Does THCV Really Curb The Munchies?
For CBG hot chocolate bombs:
Pure CBG oil tincture: CBG (cannabigerol) relieve discomfort and inflammation after exercise and support joint health. This tincture contains 500mg CBG. Each spray contains 6.7mg CBG. A serving size is generally between one and three sprays.
For CBN hot cocoa bombs:
Pure CBN oil tincture: CBN (cannabinol) promotes relaxation and deep sleep. This tincture contains 500mg CBN. Each spray contains 6.7mg CBN. A serving size is generally between one and three sprays.
Our other pure cannabinoid oils can also be used. Each tincture contains 500mg rare cannabinoid per bottle / 6.7mg rare cannabinoid per spray. They are CBDA oil (for occasional inflammation and nausea), CBDV oil (for sociability and mood regulation, studied for CBDV autism and ADHD), and CBC oil (for improved mood).
Once you’ve chosen your CBD or cannabinoid of choice and measured our how much you would like to use for six hot cocoa bombs, it’s time to gather the rest of your ingredients. Make sure you have silicone hot chocolate bomb molds and measure out your CBD, CBG, CBN, or THCV oil in advance as you’ll need to work quickly once you get started. In addition, you will only need four more ingredients! That’s right, just chocolate chips, hot chocolate mix, marshmallows, and sprinkles!
- 2 cups / a 12-ounce bag of premium quality semi-dark chocolate chips
- 3 packets of your favorite hot chocolate mix
- 2 table spoons mini marshmallows
- Sprinkles of your choice for decorating hot chocolate bombs
Directions: Making, Filling, Sealing, Decorating
- First, you need to melt the chocolate chips. This can be done in a double boiler, or you can melt chocolate chips in the microwave. To melt chocolate chips in the microwave, place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on high power for 30 seconds. Remove chocolate from the microwave, stir with a spoon then repeat the process in 15-second intervals until chocolate is fully melted. It should be melted and ready to go after one minute.
- Second, use a spoon to stir your CBD or cannabinoid oil into the melted chocolate until completely combined.
- Third, use the back of the spoon to spread chocolate into the chocolate bomb silicone molds. Make sure chocolate is evenly distributed within each mold, and that all sides are completely covered in chocolate. Place chocolate-filled molds onto a baking sheet or flat surface and place into a freezer to set for at least 5 minutes.
- Fourth, remove the hot chocolate bomb molds from the freezer and check for any spots in the chocolate that are thin enough to see through. Use left over chocolate (reheating if necessary) to touch up these spots. This will ensure that your hot chocolate bombs are sturdy and that hot cocoa powder won’t spill through. Once you’ve quality controlled all six chocolate bombs, pop them back in the freezer for 5 more minutes.
- Fifth, remove chocolate bombs from the freezer. Carefully remove the hot chocolate bomb halves from the molds. Scoop a few tablespoons of hot cocoa mix into half of the chocolate spheres and sprinkle few marshmallows on top for added sweetness.
- Sixth, you’re ready to put the hot chocolate bomb spheres back together! Heat a plate in the microwave for 1 minute. Place the empty chocolate bomb halves onto the plate and let the heat from the plate slightly melt chocolate edges. Once chocolate has melted, press chocolate halves together to form a sphere. Work quickly and take care to line the seams up as perfectly as possible. Then, put the sealed chocolate bombs back in the freezer for at least 5 minutes.
- Seventh, remove CBD chocolate bombs from the freezer and use a silicone or pastry brush to paint melted chocolate over any thin spots. You can also paint or drizzle melted chocolate over the bombs and decorate them with your favorite festive sprinkles. Pop them back in the freezer for at least 5-10 more minutes. (Based in Hawaii, we leave our CBD chocolate bombs in the freezer until we’re ready to use them, but they should be fine at room temperature in sub-80 degree Fahrenheit parts of the world!)
How To Use Your CBD Chocolate Bomb
Ready to use your CBD hot chocolate bombs for a cozy night in? Or with a group of friends for a holiday party?
Find your favorite festive mugs, heat up milk, and drop your hot chocolate bomb in. Enjoy watching the chocolate melt and the bomb explode with cocoa and marshmallows. Stir it all together, sip away, and enjoy the effects of your special chocolate bomb. Notice your worries, aches and pains melting away with the CBD, CBG, or CBN? Or does the THCV have you dancing to your favorite holiday tunes?
Looking for more cannabinoid recipes? Try our recipe for CBD gummy bears.
Let us know if you try this CBD chocolate bomb recipe and please send photos to email@example.com. Enjoy!